| ||Spoiler warning!|
An Emunio Concutio is a magical alarm system that protects a location from intruding Wizardry. When turned on, an Emunio Concutio will make an approaching wizard or witch nauseous, and if too close to it, or located on the grounds or inside the building when it is turned on, they will be "whacked" - that is knocked out. To bypass the magical alarm, the wizard or witch must be invited by the owner of the Emunio Concutio. When a person awakes from being whacked they will have a splitting headache. One way of treating a "whack" is to drink strong coffee.
To turn the Emunio Concutio on the owner must say the words "defendo acendo" and to turn it off "defendo apage".
Known locations protected by an Emunio Concutio Edit
- Alivan's Wizards and Witches Corner Store in Mount Dora, Florida is protected by an Emunio Concutio owned by the Folk boy Jesse Alexander, but originally set up and owned by the wizard Raven Claw.
- The Mahgo family house is protected by a very powerful top of the line Emunio Concutio, said by Beifar Mahgo to be "one of the best."
- The Gregory Saunders' office of the late former American Ambassador to the United Nations, and former Sorcerer.
- Marcellin High School for Boys
- Lord Alex Distribution Inc.
The words Emunio Concutio are Latin and means something akin to "Defensive alarm" or possibly "Shake violently defensively."
Emunio is a verb (written in classical Latin as ēmūniō, with diacritics used for double vowel markers, and means: fortify, strengthen, defend (with a wall).
The etymology of emunio is uncertain.
Concutio or concutiō, is also a verb, and means: shake violently (or together), agitate, or terrify or alarm.
Concutio comes from con- + quatiō (“shake, hit”).